Friday, November 13, 2009

Movie Madness

A few months ago the LA County Museum of Art ended its film program. A great shame. Their program, at the Bing Theatre, was the best in town. They had wonderful retrospectives, and often brought in guests who worked on the films. I can't count how many great film experiences I had there.

I suppose video killed the program (even though they showed stuff not available elsewhere). But this is Los Angeles, and LACMA is a world-class museum. It should be a place for moviegoers.

The last film I saw there, Bigger Than Life, was pretty packed, so I'm surprised they can't keep things going. LACMA's recently expanded, so why are they leaving one of the best things they have behind?

I see there's a petition to get it going again. I wish them luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great theatre. The only one better in town is up the street at the Academy.

8:29 AM, November 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter