Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Opacity Capacity

I'd heard Bill Maher was an anti-vaccination nut, but maybe it was just a rumor. So when I noticed he wrote an article to clarify his views, I figured I'd give him a chance and see what he really believes.

But after reading the lengthy "Vaccination: A Conversation Worth Having," I've thrown up my hands. The guy has plenty of stupid things to say, but he doesn't put them together clearly enough for me to properly summarize his "argument."

He wants a conversation. Okay, I'll start: write the piece again, but try to be coherent.

1 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

I was turning in the parental consent form for my daughter to be vaccinated for H1N1 at her elementary school a couple of weeks back, and another parent was there in the office. She saw me turning in the form and said to me "oh, I'm not going to get my children vaccinated. We don't know enough about it yet." I wanted to be diplomatic in my response, so paused a moment before saying "according to the CDC, the vaccine won't kill my daughter, but this flu might. That's enough knowledge for me to make a decision, given my lack of a medical degree." She seemed unconvinced.

3:44 AM, November 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter