Monday, December 21, 2009

The Real Menace

Someone sent me this YouTube review of The Phantom Menace. The whole thing is in seven parts, approximately ten minutes per, and I watched it all in one sitting.

It does a great job taking apart the film, showing how, at each step, we're not involved with the characters and the plot makes no sense.

I could have done without the side-gags about the creepiness of the narrator, but it's worth it to get to the well-observed stuff, such as a discussion of swordfights late in part 6.

Here's Part 1:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with your review of the review. In fact I thought somebody should do a thirty minute review of the review showing that is was too long, should have been edited better, and had no protagonist. There were several excellent insights in the review and well demonstrated. Should be a must at film school.

5:17 AM, December 21, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this was far more excellent than I ever would have imagined.

I'm going to check out the rest.

Thanks for the heads-up.

7:27 AM, December 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter