Friday, January 29, 2010

Brought

It didn't seem very promising--a film about cheerleading--but Bring It On turned out to be surprisingly well-done. It deserved to be a sleeper hit.

It's since become a cult classic, but I had no idea that there's a whole direct-to-video Bring It On franchise. Here's a useful guide to the sequels. This sentence near the end, however, stopped me short:

There's no question that these sequels lack Bring It On's zippy dialogue and cynical attitude. But they aren't unwatchable.

Except the zippy dialogue and cynical attitude are what made Bring It On watchable to begin with. Not that I was ever gonna watch the sequels, but I'll definitely take a pass now. Bring It On without the attitude would be exactly the kind of thing that made me want to stay awar from the original.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't want to watch cheerleaders? It's a good subject for a movie. I wonder who their real audience is?

3:30 AM, January 29, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheerleaders? Too close to pedophilia for me. This the age of of those who know their way around the block.

9:05 AM, January 29, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter