Sunday, March 28, 2010

After Moby-Dick, Before Coffee

I was surprised to see I had a vinyl Starbuck album in my collection. (It cost a buck. That's the only explanation.) Most of the songs are pretty much what you'd expect, if you're familiar with their (only) hit, "Moonlight Feels Right." Starbuck was easy-listening rock in the mid-70s, with perhaps a slight jazz inflection. What set them apart, however, can be heard in their single. Out of nowhere, we get a marimba solo, and suddenly it's a whole new ballgame.
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

I had totally forgotten this song -- one of the many songs I heard on the radio in the 70s, enjoyed, and then forgot about. I like it.

But I checked with a friend who's a Maryland native, and she says nobody pronounces "Chesapeake" with only two syllables ("Ches'peake")...

11:47 AM, March 30, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter