Thursday, March 25, 2010

Telephone Line

Here's a great game. Go to Yahoo's Babel Fish, a translator program. Then take a simple phrase, put it through a few languages, and have it come back i the language you started with.

For example, I'm going to try "Let us see how this translates back and forth." (I'm avoiding contractions just to keep it simple.)

First I translate it into German. Then I take that and translate it into French. Then Italian. Finally back into English. And what do I get?

"Left to see them, since quest' last it translate davanti and behind."

Looks like most of the information got left behind. Oh well, it sounds better in the original Klingon anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to see what moderately banal pickup line would sound like. I used, "You have nice eyes. Would you like to have dinner?" and did the same English to German to French to Italian to English
and got:

"They have pleasant eyes. You have become to want an evening to eat?"

Budding international lotharios take note.

5:08 AM, March 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter