Friday, May 28, 2010

Not Crazy

When I watch old films, those I haven't seen in years, I'm often surprised by the small scenes that I've forgotten. It's like discovering a new room--or at least a closet--in an old house.

Still, when I recently watched Watchmen on cable, I was surprised. Moments kept popping up that I didn't remember, but this film only came out a year ago. Some were strong, violent moments. Was I losing it?

Then I checked, and discovered it was the director's cut, with 24 extra minutes. That's more like it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Did you like the director's cut better than the theatrical release? Watchmen was one of my favorite movies last year. But the director' cut has only been released on BluRay, which I don't have, so I bought the DVD.

7:53 AM, May 28, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not losing it, you never had it! HAH!

10:00 AM, May 28, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record, that was some other anonymous, not this anonymous

8:10 PM, May 28, 2010  
Blogger LAGuy said...

The director's cut was a bit better, but, as I made clear last year, the film still isn't good enough. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't known and liked the original comic so well.

8:34 PM, June 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter