Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Serving The Community

New Big Bang Theory starts tomorrow.  Why oh why have they decided to challenge NBC's comedy night?  Community and Big Bang are two of the few shows I try not to miss.  Yeah, I know, with today's miracle technology, I can catch both, but sometimes you get behind and just don't want to.

Big Bang is CBS's hottest sitcom, one of the hottest shows on TV.  It can probably take the move.  But it's happened that hot shows change their slot and are never the same.  Still, I can understand CBS programmers trying to establish a new beachhead.  But did it have to be against another sitcom?

So, if cornered, which will I watch?  I guess Community.  If I get too far behind on Big Bang, I can wait for rerun season.  However, considering past ratings, it's hard to imagine Big Bang won't win this showdown.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

I liked the ads on the new time slot - with Sheldon activating a Star Trek transporter to move the show to Thursday night (and Howard complaining his fod got cold).

Any thoughts on new shows yet this season? I watched 1.5 minutes of Jimmy Smits "Outlaws" and couldn't stand it. I watched about 5 minutes of Nikita, and haven't been able to force myself to watch the rest. I watched all of Mike & Molly - it needs to get better, but I'll give it another shot.

10:22 AM, September 22, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to chucklorre.com and read the cards that air at the end of the episodes (of Big Bang, 21/2 Men and Mike & Molly)- hilarious and weird. How can somebody this funny put out depressing crap like 2 1/2 men (I know because he wants to be a bazillionaire). More attacks on Sumner Redstone would be welcome even if they are censored. Someone has to pay for those never-ending"industry" pieces by Ken Auletta and Connie Bruck about him and the other boring moguls in The New Yorker

11:03 AM, September 22, 2010  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I'll be noting new shows I've seen as they come. So far nothing has really excited me.

The concept of Outlaw is so preposterous (conservative Supreme Court justice sees the light, becomes a liberal, then quits the Court to help the little guy) that I didn't even bother.

Who doesn't love Sumner "content is king" Redstone? In any case, Chuck Lorre, even as a content provider, strikes me as big a media baron as anyone.

11:36 AM, September 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter