Saturday, November 13, 2010

Model Citizens

I was recently in a hotel room with nothing to do.  I turned on the TV and there was America's Next Top Model.  I'd heard of the show, but never watched it before.  It must be popular because it's been on for years.

In general, I don't watch reality shows (except American Idol), but I honestly don't get this one.  The plot, such as it is, seems to be a bunch of proto-models living in a house who go out each week to do a photo shoot or a fashion show.  Then they're interviewed about how tricky is it to be photographed or walk in front of people.  Then the judges decide which one to eliminate.

I understand the attraction of watching beautiful women, but something's gotta happen or what's the point?  (I get the impression, by the way, this show is more popular with women.)  Perhaps I'm not sympathetic enough to the rigors of putting on makeup, wearing dresses and having people look at you.



(This looks like the opening for the season.  I don't recommend you watch it unless you want to get an idea of how little is going on.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter