Saturday, January 29, 2011

College Town

I was recently in Westwood, home of UCLA.  I saw a restaurant named Damon & Pythias.  But it had a subtitle: "food for the gods."  Shouldn't that be "food for friends who are waiting to be killed by the gods"?

I also picked up my free copy of the school paper, the Dailiy Bruin.  I wish I could scan the following, but you'll have to take my word for it.  On the front page was a piece entitled "Crazy In A Can," an expose of Four Loko. Fair enough, but like Damon and Pythias, it was the part after which caught my attention.  It read "Look at this subhead; it's here to give you more info about the story!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not quite the same thing, but several years ago our newspaper ran a photo with the caption, "insert caption here."

If I were the publisher, I would have made sure to thank the layout person for going to that extra trouble.

5:44 AM, January 29, 2011  
Anonymous pa school prerequisites said...

The necessary objects and credential piece ideas have helped students around all those meaning.

9:53 AM, December 06, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter