Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cornered

I live in Hollywood.  Since I moved here, every now and then I read about Hollywood history and discover exciting things.

For instance, not far from where I live is the old Buster Keaton studio (which used to be the old Charlie Chaplin studio).  If you watch his old films, especially his shorts, you can see him run along streets that I walk down every day.



Recently, I was looking at a biography of Sam Goldwyn, and discovered he sent his son, Sam Jr. (Hollywood moguls weren't like other Jews--they loved to name their boys after them) to a military school located on the corner where I live today.  Unfortunately, I don't know which part of the corner, though I'm guessing it's the part I can see through my window that now has tennis courts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter