Thursday, October 27, 2011

Drink And Think

Vegas buffets used to let you get your own drinks.  Then, some years ago, they decided to have waiters bring you the drinks. I assume they figured people getting drinks in addition to food was too messy.

Ironically, as this was happening, a lot of franchise restaurants started letting people get their own drinks while they got you your food.  I'm guessing the public prefers this, since it let's make your own mix. (And why get a big drink when you can refill your cup?)

Now I've noticed (in 7-11 and elsewhere) the soda dispensers are getting complex.  They not only have the ice and the drinks, they let you add in flavoring like cherry or lemon or lime.

It sounds like the simple activity of getting a drink is becoming more complex.  Will it slow down business as people figure out which of the thousands of permutations they want?  Maybe they'll once again have to take it out of the hands of the customer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that I can have cherry coke instead of Coke. They'll take my right to choose my drink from my frozen, syrup stained hands.

9:48 AM, October 27, 2011  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Oh you're talking about non-alcoholic drinks

11:09 AM, October 27, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter