Thursday, January 26, 2012

Its Not Called Bathrobe Guy

The great Pajama Debate (as opposed to that silly one in Florida with the shrieking ninnies) continues.

Farhad Manjoo comes down squarely on the side of wearing Pajamas out and about- or I think so- I actually find the Slate tech-writer's articles tiresome and didn't finish it-he tends to have have other annoying opinions e.g. don't complain about internet ads that slow down your browser since ads are somehow good for us, embrace internet transparency since privacy is an over-rated sham, and Facebook is actually not evil.

Actually, I have found that "pajamas" have actually become more like regular clothes - ie. just flannel pants and T shirts (without the metal snaps, duckie designs or ridiculously open fly's as in the youthful days of yore) so it has had the effect of encouraging them to be more all around wear. I generally don't wear them outside the house except to get the paper or take out the garbage but I think I would probably be comfortable cavorting about in them if I had to.

However I draw the line at housecoats (do these exist anymore?) or bathrobes (sorry LA Guy).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Apparently a number of kids (girls I guess) now where their flannel pajama bottoms to school at my kids' high school. Personally, I find this fad better than the pants slung around your knees fad.

2:48 PM, January 27, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter