Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tangled Web

I often check in on Megan McArdle over at The Atlantic website.  Lately she's been on leave but now she's left for good, moving on to the greener pastures of Newsweek/Daily Beast.

It must have been quite an offer since it strikes me as a step down.  But who knows, or perhaps, who cares?  On the internet, we're all just a click away, and pixels are pixels.

Whether it was intentional or not, Megan has become a brand name and she brings a readership with her no matter where she goes, which is why I assume Newsweek, which has seen better days, wanted her.  I wish her luck, and hope (and expect) she won't change too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger VermontGuy said...

I'm a big fan. I read her daily and have been going through a sort of withdrawal for the last few months. I agree that going to Newsweek/Daily Beast seems like a step down but you're right about her being a brand now and I'm sure her readership will follow her anywhere they can find her.

Much like Ann Althouse and Tom Maquire (two of my other mainstays), I don't always agree with her but she writes on an interesting array of topics and she argues her point well.

I hope she's back posting soon.

10:01 AM, June 16, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter