Friday, August 24, 2012

Don't Quote Me

The action comedy Hit & Run opens today. It stars Dax Shepard and his wife Kristen Bell, and is also written and directed by Shepard.  I have no idea if it's any good, though often the dogs of summer are released in late August.

Anyway, last week I was in the cinema and I saw a cardboard stand-up for the film.  It had a very positive quote at the top, calling it the funniest film of the year, or something like that.  Now there's a very easy way to tell the critical consensus.  Just look at who the critic works for (this works better when there are several, but one critics will do).  If the critic is employed by a major paper or magazine, that means the film could pick and choose from the raves.  The smaller, or lesser-known the source, the harder the producers had to look to find something positive.

So I checked and this review was from a guy on Myspace.  Not even Facebook.  That can't be a good sign.  I've never actually been to Myspace, but I don't believe it's considered a center of great film criticism.

PS  I just went to Myspace.  The front page offered a piece on the film, but they spelled Dax Shepard with two P's.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the poster. (The other poster) It looks like a poster for an early Ron Howard movie.

Bell in 60 Seconds.

3:48 AM, August 24, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter