Saturday, August 18, 2012

Everybody Into The Pool

The late night talk show game is dog eat dog, where everyone fights for the best guests.  Luckily, the two biggest names, Jay Leno and David Letterman, work on different coasts so they don't compete for the same names at the same time.

Still, you occasionally get weird face-offs.  A couple night ago I noticed Letterman had Dana Vollmer on at the exact same time Leno had Missy Franklin.  If you don't recognize those names, they're both multiple gold medal-winning Olympic swimmers. In fact, they swam together on the same relay team.

I didn't really care and changed the channel, but I started thinking what if I were mad for women's Olympic swimming.  What if my world revolved around it. I finally get a chance to see a medalist on a major talk show and suddenly I've got to choose which one.  The only thing worse would have been if Jimmy Kimmel was featuring Allison Schmitt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter