Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Darkest Timeline

Community, my favorite sitcom, will be airing new episodes in a couple weeks.  Until yesterday, I held out hopes there was some slight chance the show would be renewed despite minuscule ratings.  But I no longer see that happening, now that series regular Donald Glover has a pilot that NBC just picked up

I don't see how he can do both shows (unlike Alison Brie's occasional appearances on Mad Men, or, for that matter, Glover's work on Girls), and I don't see how Community could continue without him.  His character, Troy Barnes, unlike Chevy Chase's Pierce, is central to the show's dynamic. In fact, in "Remedial Chaos Theory," we got to see what happened to the group when Troy left for just a minute:



So this is a fond farewell.  We don't get six seasons and a movie, but thirteen more episodes and a box set.  Or maybe Glover's new show will fail and they'll bring back Community.  Nah, why fool myself.

PS On a much lower level, I'm also sad to see Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 apparently get the axe.  I didn't love it, but thought it was pretty good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, simply turned into [url=http://pandorabraceletsaleu.co.uk]pandora bracelet[/url] aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it's truly informative. [url=http://pandorabraceletsaleu.co.uk]cheap pandora bracelets[/url] ,I am going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful in case you proceed this in future. Lots of folks will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

4:42 AM, January 23, 2013  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I fear Mr. Pither

8:06 AM, January 23, 2013  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Also, [some] ABC shows tend to be a bit too jumpy in their version of quickshot dialogue and scene cuts. The B___ was like that. They aren't bad but they made me jittery

8:09 AM, January 23, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Ben & Kate is out as well.

1:43 AM, January 24, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter