Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Spice Of Life

Variety has been THE show biz magazine since long before I (or for that matter my parents) were born.  Daily Variety has been around for almost as long.  But things change, and in this age of the death of print, Variety has been in trouble.

I used to chek out its website regularly, but a few years back they put up a paywall. Like most reader (I'm guessing), I said goodbye and switched to its longtime rival, The Hollywood Reporter. But now, good news and bad news.

Variety is dumping the daily edition, but the weekly will remain. The good news is they're taking down the paywall so the show biz Bible will once again be available to all.

Along with three (!) new editors-in-chief, will this save Variety?  I don't know. It's tough to keep any publication going these days.  But I'm glad to see they're back in the game--well, my game, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter