Monday, May 13, 2013

Come On

After all the cancelations, NBC has announced its new fall schedule.  Since Community only has a 13-episode order, it looks like it'll be a replacement show. So that means the only show on the entire schedule that I plan to watch at present is Parks And Recreation.

And when are they playing it? One would think in the old Office slot, holding down Thursday nights. But no, it's in the old Community slot, starting off Thursdays at 8 pm.

Great, so it's up against the biggest sitcom on TV, The Big Bang TheoryP&R doens't have a huge rating to begin with, so it'll get slaughtered. 

But that's how it goes.  NBS hasn't owned Thursday since Friends left.  But I was at least hoping for a more open schedule.  For the past couple years I had to choose which to watch, BBT or Community. (I chose Community and caught Bang later.) Now I'll have to do the same with Parks.

Yeah, I know, no one watches TV when it's broadcast these days anyway. But I still prefer it that way.  If you get an episode or two behind you just don't want to bother.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

NBC does all kinds of screwy things with their schedule. They recently moved Grimmm from Fri. to Tues. nights for no reason apparent to me, but I see on the Fall schedule it's back to Fri. nights. Of course, I didn't notice the change at first, and missed recording acouple episodes, and it is a serial type show (have to see every episode. Since I'm devoted, I caught up on line.

But at least NBC lets you catch up on line. CBS doesn't have full episodes of the Mentalist on line, and I've gotten behond, and either have to find illegal copies playing on the internet, or wait till reruns this summer!

8:04 AM, May 13, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The TV suits deserve what's coming to them. I don't know how they thought that abusing the most loyal audiences was a good marketing strategy. Of course, they could probably draw bigger audiences by perching a live camera on the sinks in a high school girls restroom- that's where the network TV seems to be going. (the outraged parents yelling at the PTA meeting could be a bonus feature). Coming this fall. Nothing But Crass.

1:20 PM, May 13, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

q buy celebrex online I consider, that you are mistaken. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM.

2:02 PM, May 13, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the ? for the Chinese hacker, the smell-o-vision idea of restroom cams or the fact that Denver Guy watches The Mentalist?

or all of them?

2:27 PM, May 13, 2013  
Blogger LAGuy said...

The last one. It may have been a hacker, but they always leave a hyperlink to remember them by.

Though I guess it's news that Denvery Guy has abandoned Must See TV on NBC Thursday nights.

2:38 PM, May 13, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter