Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Phew! Pew

Perhaps you've seen the story: according the a recent quiz from the National Science Foundation, a quarter of Americans don't know the Earth revolves around the sun.

This story is a perennial.  They do these quizzes on a regular basis and Americans are always woefully ignorant. (Just like everyone else in the world, I presume).

Some of the stories also note that less than half Americans know humans evolved from earlier species of animals. I wouldn't say they don't know so much as they refuse to believe it.

I couldn't find the NSF questions, but as a service to PJ Guy readers, all of whom are above average, I offer you this Pew Research Center quiz on basic science. I expect everyone to get 13 out of 13.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a perfect score, but how can you believe me?

11:39 PM, February 18, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter