Saturday, May 24, 2014

Flushing Him Out

Good news, everyone.  The "Playground Pooper" of Ypsilanti has been caught.  The investigation has been going on for over half a year to find the person who's been leaving feces (his own, presumably--and yes, I'm assuming it's a male) on slides in local parks.  Why did it take so long?  Perhaps he'd been laying low for a while:

“This winter, it wasn’t necessarily a problem,” city council member Pete Murdock said Friday. “Now that the weather is getting warmer, we need to get a handle on it.”

I couldn't agree more.  The whole town was concerned. People even put up billboards along I-94 that said things like "Help Us Catch The Poopertrator."

Now that he's on ice, the police have not identified the individual, or explained if they caught him in the act or used some other method.  The people need to know.

I think Mr. Murdock summed the problem quite well, though: "No one wants to play in other people’s feces."

Police expect the problem is behind them, but with all this publicity, will there by copycats?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meddling government bureaucrats interfering with one of life's simple pleasures. The fellas in the tricorns ought to be protesting

6:45 AM, May 24, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

I don't think it's the tricorns who are being anal retentive here, Cass.

Although I have to admit, I am strongly tempted to grab my fiber pills and head to Ypsi right now. I always enjoyed it back in the day and who doesn't want to relive their youth?

[Note to self: remember to choose the "anonymous" option]

8:00 AM, May 24, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

BTW, I like the tshirt on the billboard, but I think the choice of color for the cape is unfortunate.

9:21 AM, May 24, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes a lot of nerve to claim this is the sort of thing the Tea Party would support, when the only group I know that regularly shits in public is Occupy Wall Street.

10:54 AM, May 24, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter