Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Time Shift

So ColumbusGal puts herself to sleep watching ridiculous old TV shows--say, Columbo. Or Frasier. Or Mary Tyler Moore (no judgment LAGuy, great show). And it seems inevitable that it would happen eventually, Cheers.

So we're watching the first season and a nice little joke has to do with a guy at the bar whose special, interesting talent is he knows all the lyrics to the Bonanza theme song, and insists on singing it.

Nice little bit.

So not quite 24 hours later, it dawns on me that the time between Cheers and Bonanza--played as ancient in the bit--is a helluva lot less than the time between Cheers and now.

Crap.

I think I'll go watch some Hulu original programming. On my iThrone.

4 Comments:

Blogger LAGuy said...

I remember watching that episode when it was first broadcast. Of course, I already knew the lyric so I wasn't impressed.

Just watched an Alfred Hitchcock Presents where Jack Cassidy kills someone and burns down the place. That's how he died.

4:03 AM, May 28, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Pretty good odds I'll die watching Columbo. Cass will nudge me into it to pay for Anonymous's vacation home.

1:10 PM, May 28, 2014  
Anonymous Bill W said...

In my collection,I have two different vocal versions of the Bonanza theme with two different sets of lyrics. One by Lorne Greene and one by Johnny Cash. Both are worthy.

2:00 PM, May 28, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not rely on that cash stream

6:26 PM, May 28, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter