Thursday, March 19, 2015

Don't drink the Kool Aid, George

His sometimes sandpapery personality actually might be a sign of authenticity that helps him connect with people who, he says, think “he understands my problems and he kind of gets me.”

Or he could just be a fargin icehole.

Here's the best part: An unmarried mother who had a child at 16 and another at 18 told him she “doesn’t think [her life] is hard.” This comes from “living in a community where everyone is just like you.” So, we “have to show them there’s a whole other world.” 

There's a humble guy, for you. What you think is wrong, but look at me and you'll want more. Whenever I see Geoff Stone, I think to myself, "There but for the grace of God go I."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

George Will still has a pulse?

4:27 AM, March 19, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is about George Will? Thank you for letting me know, Anonymous, since I read the whole thing two times and never is the actual person this piece is about mentioned. I suppose it might be about some guy I never heard of named Geoff Stone, but from the context it seems likely it's not. I guess incomprehensibility is a small price to pay for style.

9:04 AM, March 19, 2015  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Anonymous thinks I have style!

1:13 PM, March 19, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter