Thursday, October 22, 2015

Nuts To You

Today is National Nut Day. Yeah, it's news to me, too.

Nuts are high in fat, but good for you.  Especially when not covered by something sugary.

My taste in nuts is fairly conventional.  My favorite is the almond, followed by the cashew, pecan, peanut (is that a nut or a legume?--anyway, I'm not allergic), walnut, pistachio, Brazil nut, macadamia, hazelnut and pistachio.

"Nut" can mean a lot of other things.  It can mean the amount you need to take care of basic needs.  In the plural, it can mean to be crazy, to love something, to be disappointed, or testicles.

Nuts is the name of a play by Tom Topor that ran 96 performances on Broadway in 1980 and was turned into a pretty bad movie starring Barbra Streisand in 1987.  Peanuts is the name of the highly popular Charles Schulz comic strip.  The strip was originally named Li'l Folks but was changed because it sounded similar to other comics.  Schulz never liked the name.  Life can be nuts like that.

4 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

Survey question.

I have taken to popping peanuts straight into month and eating them shells and all.

At Five Guys (new burger place in many areas on the east coast at least that takes a little longer because they make your burger to order), they have bins and bins peanuts out for munching while you wait. I've always been impatient and hated the process of cracking them open (and at least one would annoyingly not open), so I started eating like that. They are salted apparently from the outside. Anyone else do that? I assume its a good source of fiber and my stomach hasn't started bleeding so I assume its safe.

5:51 AM, October 22, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proposing a new category for the DSM VI.

SWMBCg, etc.

7:34 AM, October 22, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prove you're a man and do it with a walnut.

9:31 AM, October 22, 2015  
Blogger New England Guy said...

A walnut would not taste good

8:20 PM, October 22, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter