Saturday, February 20, 2016

The first 90 seconds

A few weeks ago LAGuy performed another of his innumerable kindnesses and made us all aware of "A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Contemplating Existence," with a wonderful little clip.

I've been trying to recruit my usual suspect friends to watch it with me and I've been having a hard slog of it, for all kinds of the ordinary reasons, but high on the list is the threshold energy or engagement level that gets people inclined, or not inclined, to do a given thing. I suppose that's what blockbusters, or sequels, anyway, are all about, setting that engagement level, or more precisely taking advantage of an existing one.

Back to the important thing, I sat down this morning to take a quick look, not intending to do anything other than watch the start, and of course that's usually a fool's effort. It wasn't, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, thumbs up or down?

8:57 AM, February 20, 2016  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Yes, yes indeed. With gusto.

9:29 AM, February 20, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter