Sunday, August 21, 2016

Friendly Persuasion

I bought my car a few years ago from Galpin Ford, which claims to be the biggest Ford dealer in the world (and I have no reason to doubt them).

But they're way out in the Valley, a bit of a hike from where I live--which means at present, if I need car maintenance, I go to local places.  This doesn't stop Galpin from sending me reminders by email that my car has hit yet another service date.  These communiques are easily enough deleted.

But the most recent one had a title which I don't recall in earlier messages:

This is a Friendly Maintenance Reminder from Galpin Ford

Friendly?  Why would I assume anything they write me isn't?

Does this mean I'm going to get more messages, and they're not going to be so friendly?  What happens next?  Do they inform the authorities?  Do they send out goons?

Do they think just because they're the biggest Ford dealer in the world they can get tough?  This is not the same Galpin Ford that was so eager to sell me a Ford to begin with.  Maybe I'll respond with a less than friendly note telling them to get off my back.

2 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Nice little warranty you got there. Shame anything happened to it.

2:37 PM, August 21, 2016  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Here's a reminder to lazy-ass types who don't service their cars....."

That might be more effective but then you wouldn't by the fakey friendliness

6:59 AM, August 22, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter