Sunday, January 29, 2017

Call Me

I got a robocall yesterday.  I get them all the time, but this seemed odder than most.

The call said I've been flagged to get a special rate on my student loan payment. (In case you're wondering, I don't have a student loan to pay off, and haven't been in college for quite a while.)

Don't they even try to get this right? I mean, don't they hope to call people who might have a loan, so they can believe the call is meant for them?

Or are student loan payments so widespread they figure it doesn't matter?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's silly that they would think you had a student loan, However you might seem the type who would want to help a Nigerian prince who is having some funds transfer issues and would most urgently like to request your assistance...

2:21 PM, January 29, 2017  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

I appreciate if they state their area of interest immediately up front so I can hang up quicker. Obviously, the mechanism to prevent solicitation calls on cell phones has broken down completely.

9:23 AM, January 30, 2017  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I don't need them to state their area of interest. I know I don't care no matter what, and they've just bothered me by calling.

When it's not a robocall, there's always that second before they speak because they're cold-calling and don't necessarily expect anyone to pick up. I usually let them talk, and after thirty seconds of their pre-set spiel interrupt to let them know I'm hanging up, but sometimes I just hang up immediately if no one says anything.

9:41 AM, January 30, 2017  
Blogger New England Guy said...

If I am in a bad mood, I comment on the caller's parent's sexual proclivities sometimes. Mrs. NE Guy criticizes me for this but she usually laughs too

7:44 AM, January 31, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter