Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday, Sunday

Tonight is the fourth episode of Feud, the miniseries dealing with the fight between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis when they made Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?.  I thought it was a pretty thin concept, and would descend too easily into camp.

To my surprise, I'm quite enjoying it.  The creators, including Ryan Murphy of Glee fame, know the story inside-out and care about what happened.  And Jessica Lange as Crawford, Susan Sarandon as Davis and Alfred Molina as director Robert Aldrich are doing good work.

It's odd how so many of the top dramas seem to be scheduled on Sunday.  Maybe it started with The Sopranos, but now it seems to be the rule.  And what this means is I've got way too many shows to watch Sunday night.

None of them are must-see, exactly, like Game Of Thrones is (and will be once again when the new season starts this summer).  But still, it's quite a list.  Along with Feud, these past few weeks I've been watching, Homeland (my favorite of the night), Billions, The Walking Dead and Big Little Lies, not to mention half hours including Family Guy, Crashing and John Oliver's show.

This adds up to over six hours of (alleged) viewing pleasure.  And it doesn't even include 60 Minutes, or the silent and foreign films TCM airs on Sundays, or the sitcoms they show on the channels that feature old show, all of which I occasionally check out.

Of course, I don't watch them all on Sunday.  Everything is repeated, and available On Demand.  So I watch a few of them Sunday night and try to catch up with the rest later in the week..  Which means I spend more time on the internet avoiding finding out what happened on TV than finding out what happened.

2 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

What's wrong with camp. Its honest. The self-important stuff is what bugs me

9:43 AM, March 30, 2017  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Camp has its purposes, but doesn't approach a subject seriously. In general, a little camp goes a long way.

10:13 AM, March 30, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter