Wednesday, March 01, 2017

The Ads Of March

There's an election out here on March 7.  For weeks now I've been getting promotional material in the mail telling me what and who to vote for.  Yesterday, I got six separate pieces--an average day, believe it or not.

It's not even that important an election--we vote for mayor, a few regulations, and the Board of Education, but from the tone of what they're sending, you'd think it's the apocalypse.  Almost all the stuff I receive attacks someone or something, telling me of the tremendous damage ahead if I don't vote correctly.

I have a simple rule--whoever sends me the most mail, I vote against. But this time they're actually sending me useful info.  There are four people running for the Board of Education, and I've received countless pieces of colored cardboard warning me that two of them actually support--gasp!-- charter schools.

This is treated as if they want to send kids to death camps.  Anyway, I now have to figure which of the two to vote for. It'd be great if they started attacking each other so I can figure out

1 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

I assume these are all "non-partisan" elections (meaning all candidates are Democrats). At some point, won't the Democratic Party in California have to split into two parties?

9:37 AM, March 02, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter