Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Disconnected

Over the weekend I noticed my local Radio Shack had a going-out-of-business sale. (It's on the corner of Melrose and Vine.  That may mean nothing to you, but if you've ever seen Ghost World, near the end, when Enid crosses the street and looks across it to see the old man at the bus stop, she's at the mini-plaza which houses that Radio Shack.)

The next closest one, about a mile away, also had a clearance sale. Turns out the Shack is closing numerous Southern California locations. (The odd thing was I thought Radio Shack had shuttered a few years back.)

Radio Shack has been a mainstay in my life.  I almost never go there, but when I need a cord or a splitter or something like that, it's nice to know it's around.

In fact, seeing the sale signs, with 30% to 60% off everything, I felt I should drop in and just start buying stuff.  I don't know what connections I'll need in the future, but it couldn't hurt to have some backup.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder for how long Radio Shack will keep up its strategy of perennially going out of business

7:18 PM, April 04, 2017  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Hey, lots of businesses have been doing that for decades.

My God, the airlines alone . . .

4:25 PM, April 05, 2017  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Especially Oriental Rug Dealers.

9:21 AM, April 06, 2017  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "Oriental" better be modifying "Rug" and not "Dealers" or we'll have to flag your comment.

10:00 AM, April 06, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter