Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pedro And Man

I just read Cheech Marin's autobiography Cheech Is Not My Real Name: ...But Don't Call Me Chong.  A lousy title, but an entertaining book.  The best part is the early years, when he's a draft dodger in Canada, where he meets Chong.  They lived hand to mouth while discovering the magic that would made the biggest comedy team around.

I recommend it.  And last year I read Tommy Chong's book, which was fascinating as well.  Needless to say, they both have a different take on why they split up.

So I was thinking someone should just sell these two books as a set.  It's like hearing the case for the plaintiff and the defendant. (Or maybe two plaintiffs.)

On a lot of points they agree, but when it comes to who was in the right, and who was being a jerk, there's quite a difference, as you'd expect.  I don't know which one is closer to the truth, but considering how much (they acted like) they took drugs, I'm surprised both have such good memories.

web page hit counter