Thursday, August 10, 2017

McHale's Gravy

Last year Joel McHale came out with Thanks For The Money: How To Use My Life Story to Become the Best Joel McHale You Can Be.  It's part memoir, part how to guide.

I recently saw this book in the library.  What interests me about McHale is his years as star of my favorite comedy, Community.  Unfortunately (or is this a case of a glass half full?) only part of one chapter deals with the show.  So I sat down and read those pages.  He spends about one paragraph per co-star, and then a few pages on his weird and troubled relationship with Chevy Chase.

This is what, he claims, the reader wants to know about.  In fact, he has a footnote to this section.  (Almost every page has humorous footnotes--it's that kind of book.)

I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something about how you're now reading this in the airport bookstore, looking up this particularly story, so why don't you break down and buy it?

I have to admit, he got me right.  Not about Chevy Chase, but about only wanting to read a certain section of the book.  So sorry I didn't buy it. But then, if he'd spent a few more chapters on Community, maybe I could have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter