Friday, September 22, 2017

Game Over

Game Of Thrones is a worldwide hit.  Probably the biggest TV show presently in production.  HBO is thrilled to have it, but also knows it'll soon be gone. Which is why HBO is planning GOT-related shows to fill the vacuum. Not just one show, or even two.  At present, HBO has five prequels planned.

And I don't care.

I like Game Of Thrones, but it's not the kind of thing I usually go for. It just worked out the GOT was a smart show with compelling characters. (Even though it's been having trouble holding it all together in the past couple seasons.)

These other shows may hope to borrow some of the luster of Game Of Thrones, but to me they'll be completely new programs, all done in a genre I don't particularly like.  I'm not sure if I'll even sample them.  I have no idea if they'll do well, but I hope fans will demand quality, and not just dungeons and dragons.

HBO's old slogan was It's Not TV, It's HBO.  Now it's like the rest of TV.  When you've got something that works, ride it into the ground until everyone's sick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter