Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Bloom Is Off The Berg

One stop I often make on the internet is Bloomberg View, which has a number of interesting contributors to its editorial department--some of them friends of mine.

But the website is now requiring registration to read its content.  They promise it's free, but I consider it an imposition and won't do it.

If there's one thing that's easy to get on the internet with nothing standing in your way, its people's opinion.  And that's how I like it.  Even the slightest hindrance makes me think twice.

In other words, I can get along fine without Bloomberg View, and I guess they've decided they can get along fine without me.

6 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-10-17/why-weinstein-held-on-for-so-long-and-fell-so-fast

Virgina Postrel

6:10 PM, October 17, 2017  
Blogger LAGuy said...

It seems to letting me in right now.

Never mind.

10:02 PM, October 17, 2017  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I checked again and now it's asking me to register. If I can't figure it out soon, I'm gone.

11:09 PM, October 17, 2017  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's signalling you. Same method Weinstein used.

2:55 AM, October 18, 2017  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

I never register for any site unless it is really important to me. My main reason is I already get way too much junk email. I don't trust that sites won't share my email address, for whatever reason.

5:50 AM, October 18, 2017  
Blogger brian said...

Most of these sites have back door ways in.

1:08 PM, October 18, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter