Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Greenless Greens or Cash Norm

I've eaten at Tender Greens a number of times.  It's good, fresh food at a reasonable price.  The restaurant has a bunch of locations in Los Angeles, as well as all over California, and, I believe, the East Coast.

I was thinking of stopping in a few days ago.  I was looking for a place to eat in Hollywood and it was nearby.  But a sign on the door stopped me.  They said they've gone cashless.  They have a number of reasons for this, they claim.

Well, too bad.  I use cash.

I find cash easier to use and faster. They say they save time without cash, which I question, but I know it's faster for me.  Not only is it easy enough to use at the transaction, but I don't have to deal with paying bills later (not to mention potential interest payments if I make a mistake).

In general, I avoid using credit cards and the like.  I find the whole trend away from money worrisome.  Not only do I find money easier, I'm not thrilled with the idea that companies and people (and potentially the government) can keep track of where I spend my dough.  That's really not their business.

So sorry, Tender Greens, you've lost a customer.  I'm voting with my feet, but I wonder if I should go in next time and tell them how I feel.

1 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

but is the food any good?

5:21 AM, May 16, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter