Saturday, May 19, 2018

Not Like The Other

Book Club just opened.  It's about four women of a certain age who are reading 50 Shades Of Grey in their club.  I think they all find love.

The biggest attraction, I'd say, is the cast. In particular the four old friends played by Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen.  An impressive group.  But I wonder if one didn't feel left out.

Diane Keaton--four Oscar nominations, one win.

Jane Fonda--seven Oscar nominations, two wins.

Mary Steenburgen--one Oscar nomination, one win.

Candice Bergen--one Oscar nomination, no wins.

Yep, three Oscar winners and an Oscar loser.  I'm surprised they let her in the club.  (And don't tell me she won a bunch of Emmys. No one cares.)

By the way, their men are Andy Garcia, Don Johnson, Craig T. Nelson and Richard Dreyfus.  The only Oscar-winner in that group is Dreyfus.  I believe he's matched up with Candice Bergen.  Were they trying to balance things out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter